what you need to get service for business

Apply Online


energy and lighting solutions for business

Get Solutions


economic incentives for business

Learn More


green programs and providers for business

Go Green


• Meet with Engineer to discuss service requirements.  
• Purchase electrical permits.  
• Commercial services requires permits to be purchased by a registered electrician. 
• Begin electrical work associated with the project. 
• Call for electrical inspections as the project progresses. 
• Pays any and all applicable fees and deposits associated with the project. Such fees may include connection fees, contribution in aid of construction or a facilities repayment contract. 
• Apply for service with CPWS Customer Service Department.  
• Complete the project with an approved final inspection.  
• CPWS Engineer will draft work order for service extension. 
• CPWS Power Construction will install new facilities to provide service to the new structure. 



We are available when you need us to resolve energy related problems and to develop a comprehensive energy use strategy that will meet the special needs of your business. Here are some of the services we offer:

  • HVAC Recommendations
  • Types of Systems
  • System Sizing
  • Operating Costs
  • Economic Life Cycle Analysis
  • Lighting – Inside and Outdoor Security
  • Power Quality
  • Disturbance Monitoring
  • Engineering Analysis
  • Electric Consumption
  • Facility Usage Profile
  • Energy Audits
  • Commercial Food Service Equipment Selection and Sizing
  • Economic Analysis
  • Kitchen Layout
  • Refrigeration Recommendations
  • Electric Distribution Systems and Wiring
  • Sizing Equipment
  • Troubleshooting
  • New Construction
  • Energy Use Projections
  • System Cost Comparisons
  • Materials and Building Techniques
  • Water Heating Sizing
  • Economic Analysis


Whatever the size of your business CPWS can study your indoor and outdoor lighting and recommend solutions that best fit your needs.

Indoor applications include the design and location of energy-efficient fluorescent lighting in commercial facilities and high-intensity discharge lighting in industrial buildings.

Outdoor applications include lighting design for parking lots, sport fields, roadways, and building exteriors. There are a number of ways in which outdoor lighting can benefit your business:

Low-cost Crime Protection
Crime is one of the biggest problems facing our nation today, and security is the name of the game. Your customers will feel more secure crossing a well lit parking lot. Outdoor lighting discourages would-be intruders, reduces theft and vandalism, and helps police officers spot potential problems.

Good lighting reduces the possibility of injuries sustained by employees or customers tripping over curbs or other parking lot hazards. And with automatic dusk-to-dawn controls, no one has to remember to turn the lights on or off.

Lighting spotlights your business and lets customers know you’re open. Lighting provides your business with the warm, inviting atmosphere customers appreciate.

Outdoor lighting can extend the use of outdoor facilities beyond the daylight hours. Picnic and garden areas open for use at night boost employee morale and comfort.

Call Us Today and We Can: 
Analyze your specific lighting needs.
Design a lighting plan that fits your location and budget.
Set up a leasing plan that includes installation and maintenance of the system.


The Valley Investment Initiative (VII) is an economic development incentive program jointly conducted by TVA and distributors of TVA power. VII offers competitive incentives to eligible customers who make multi-year commitments to invest in the Tennessee Valley. 
The program has enjoyed great success with existing power customers since October 2009 and was recently expanded for use as a recruitment tool to attract new customers, investments and jobs to the Valley. 
For more information, visit  


What is Green Power Switch?
Green Power Switch is a renewable energy initiative that offers consumers in the Tennessee Valley a choice in the type of power they buy. TVA and local public power companies, working in cooperation with the environmental community, developed Green Power Switch as a way to bring green power—electricity that’s generated by cleaner, renewable resources such as solar, wind, and methane gas—to Valley consumers.

How does green power benefit the environment?
The environmental effects of traditional energy sources like coal, natural gas, oil and nuclear power can be significant. Although no source of energy is impact-free, renewable resources create less waste and pollution. In fact, an investment of an additional $8 per month on your power bill buys enough Green Power Switch to equal the environmental benefits of planting an acre of trees in the Tennessee Valley region.

How will I be billed?
A line item for participation in the Green Power Switch will appear on your monthly power bill.

How will my electricity bill be calculated?
Green Power Switch is sold in 150-kilowatt-hour blocks.  Each block adds $4 to the customer’s monthly power bill. Commercial and industrial customers may purchase blocks based on the amount of energy they use.

Why does green power cost more?
Although renewable sources like sunlight and wind are free, the technology used to capture the energy they produce is still more expensive than traditional power generation methods. However, increased demand may lead to expanded power production capacity and eventually to lower costs.

Terms & Conditions
Green Power Switch is certified by the Green-e Renewable Energy Certification Program, which requires companies offering certified products to provide residential electricity customers with this notice of price, terms, and conditions of service. Participation in Green Power Switch is voluntary. A customer may discontinue participation in the program at any time. You may cancel your agreement to participate by contacting CPWS at 931-388-4833 or by sending an email to

Who should I contact for more information?
Contact CPWS at 931-388-4833 or TVA’s Green Power Switch staff at You may also write to Green Power Switch, P.O. Box 292409, Nashville, TN 37229-2409, or call 615-232-6756.


Interested in generating green power and selling it to TVA through CPWS’ local power grid? Become a Green Power Provider and join others providing clean energy resources to the Tennessee Valley.

For enrollment in 2016 Green Power Providers program please use the forms below.  TVA has an on-line application tool for beginning the process with an electronic Capacity Reservation Request (CRR).

Visit  to learn more about the program.

CPWS strongly urges that owner, participant and installer to contact CPWS before CRR submittal.  The program requires CPWS electric account and CRR submitted information to agree.  Failure to properly complete CRR shall result in a rejection of the CRR application.   CPWS urges electronic CRR to be submitted to allow proper CRR review according to CPWS GPP Overview Statement of TVA’s GPP Program.

Green Power Providers Overview
Interconnection Agreement
Participation Agreement
TVA GPP Guidelines CY 2017
TVA GPP Capacity Reservation Request Supplement
Policy and Procedure Statement 2014
Interconnection Application Tier 1 Form
Interconnection Application Tier 2 Form


  • M – F 7AM to 5PM
  • 931-388-4833

Your Email (required)

Your Message