Responsible for the leadership of CPWS’ Customer Service, Customer Records, and Customer Information Systems departments ensuring an exceptional customer service experience for CPWS customers.
- Plan, organize, staff, and oversee all functions and personnel in the Customer Service Department.
- Research, develop, implement, monitor, and manage customer service department policies and procedures that produce high quality customer service delivery and that reflect industry best practices.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, and discipline of all department staff.
- Maintain a work environment that recruits, retains, develops, and supports quality employees.
- Responsible for instilling a culture of customer service excellence and continuous process improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring the customer service needs of the three operating departments are being fulfilled and department interactions and requests are being processed appropriately.
- Implements systems to capture and report on service metrics, including any customer feedback or trends in service issues. Provides a monthly report to management.
- Manage financial aspects of the department’s budget, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget monitoring.
- Responsible for accurate billing and compliance with applicable state and federal regulations and public utility customer service and billing rules and regulations
- Serves as an escalation responding to customer inquiries and promoting a positive impression of CPWS.
- Other duties as assigned
- Acknowledge and adhere to all CPWS, local, state and federal policies.
- Regular attendance at work
- Ability to make good decisions and accomplish duties without close supervision.
- Ability to be organized, maintain reports and records, and be detail oriented.
- Ability to listen attentively, give instructions, and respond to customer or coworker questions and concerns in a courteous manner.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using facts and personal judgement.
- Ability to work on different projects and adjust to changing situations.
- Ability to interact with people in a courteous manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to use eyes, hands, and fingers to operate computer keyboard quickly and accurately.
- Ability to use mathematical skills to be able to work with financial data, ratios, and statistics.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow instructions and job-related material.
- Ability to occasionally lift 0 – 20 pounds
- Ability to walk and stand for up to 4 hours a day
- Ability to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to talk, see, hear, reach, handle, and feel
- Ability to work inside
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 15 years of experience in Customer Service, Utility Billing, or similar experience required, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing multiple departments required. A degree in lieu of some required experience will be considered.
- Experience using customer information systems or billing software required; utility specific software experience, such as Local Government or NISC preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Customer service experience in the utility industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar field preferred.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that additional and/or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments). This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To download a job application PDF click here
To fill out a job application online click here